- Scream (trailer)
- How Scream Should Have Ended (short)
- Scream 4 (trailer)
- Scream - S1E1 - "Pilot" - After a viral video/bullying incident, the culprits are found dead in suspicious circumstances that recall a 20 year old tragedy. The best thing about this Pilot episode is just how different the particulars are from the Scream film series. Sure, there's a masked killer, but even the mask appears to be different from the infamous Scream Ghostface.
- The Prowler (trailer)
- My Bloody Valentine (trailer)
- Thanksgiving (fake trailer)
- Slasher - S1E1 - "Pilot" - This Chiller channel original series is notable in contrast to Scream (and Scream Queens, for that matter), which is a very good thing. We start out with the tragedy in the past, a pregant woman and her husband are brutally murdered on Halloween night, with the killer extracting the baby for extra-creepy flavor. Cut to a couple decades (and change) later and Sarah, the baby who survived, returns to her old house in order to make a life for herself... only to be confronted by a copycat killer wearing the same Executioner costume as the man who killed her parents.
6WH: Week 1.5 - Slasher TV
As sub-genres go, the slasher film is not particularly well respected. And yet it has its partisans, and I count myself among them. Longtime readers already know this, as I've written about slashers in a general sense many times, and covered lots of specific slashers during previous Six Weeks of Halloween marathons. While the sub-genre has fallen greatly from its heights in the early 80s and temporary revival in the mid 90s, the past year has inexplicably seen not one, not two, but three attempts to bring slashers to television. I was not terribly impressed with Scream Queens last year and never got around to the other two. Now that they're both streaming on Netflix, I figured I should hop to it: