- Green Room - Jeremy Saulnier's follow-up to the interesting, small-scale revenge flick, Blue Ruin. This one is something about a band who inadvertently witnesses a murder and tries to survive against a group of skinheads lead by none other than Patrick Stewart. In. Limited release right now, but everyone seems to love it.
- High Rise - Don't know a lot about this one except that it apparently played like gangbusters at last year's Fantastic Fest, which is usually enough for me. Also, it stars Tom Hiddleston, Jeremy Irons, and Sienna Miller. Not sure when it comes out, but will probably be limited until it hits streaming, etc....
- The Invitation - Another small, independent film that's in limited release right now. All the descriptions make it sound kinda like it wouldn't be my thing, but then, I gather the description is somewhat misleading. Will have to check it out.
- Everybody Wants Some - Alright, so you don't need me to tell you about Richard Linklater's latest, especially since it's described as the spiritual successor to Dazed and Confused, but Linklater often rubs me the wrong way. This seems like it could work though. We shall see!
- Tickled - "The Hunt for the Truth in Competitive Tickling" Apparently real, and what else do you need to know about this documentary?
- Black Mountain Side - I don't remember where I heard about this little horror film, but hey, the description sounds interesting: "A group of archaeologists uncover a strange structure in Northern Canada, dating over ten thousand years before the present. The team finds themselves isolated when their communication systems fail and it's not long before they begin to feel the effects of the solitude." Yes, I will watch this.
The Movie Queue
There've been a string of limited release films in recent (and upcoming) months and I've done a poor job actually keeping up with these suckers. In fact, I'm behind on just about everything, including more mainstream releases like 10 Cloverfield Lane and even Captain America: Civil War. Still, here's a few movies I'm going to have to catch up with soon: