- Magic (1978) - A tale of a ventriloquist at the mercy of his vicious dummy, I really wanted to watch this because it stars Anthony Hopkins and is directed by Richard Attenborough (which, for the uninitiated, is a pretty interesting combo that doesn't normally gravitate towards horror).
- Torso (1973) - An Italian Giallo about a serial killer who wears a distinctive red and black scarf, sounds interesting, continually thwarted by Netflix this season.
- No One Lives - Just came in the mail, so I may get to this one yet!
- Cronos - An early Guillermot del Toro film about a vampiric device, I've wanted to check this one out for a while, but for some reason, it's never quite made it to the top of my queue.
- Basket Case - Added to my queue solely because it was on Netflix Instant, I may have to save this for a Frank Henenlotter marathon in years to come...
- The Gingerdead Man - Probably best saved for the Holiday season, but even now, it's on a "Very Long Wait" schedule...
- Raw Meat - I know little about this except that it takes place in a sorta subway setting in London. That being said, it has good reputation, so I'm in...
- American Mary - A somewhat recent film about a medical student who agrees to some more "freakish" procedures. Or something like that.
- Dead Silence - Mostly notable for being the movie James Wan made after the original Saw<, and thus I'd like to give it a chance (as several of Wan's most recent films have been quite interesting)./li>
- Haunter - Wait, so Vincenzo Natali released a movie last year? I guess I should watch it!
6WH: The Ones That Got Away
The Six Weeks of Halloween is an ambitious undertaking. I've noticed that every year, I try to start with some sort of namby pamby, pretentious, usually historical theme. Stuff like Italian Giallos, German Krimis, Classic Universal Horror, Silent Horror, Kaiju movies, and this year's Remade. Invariably, I fall back on schlocky horror or slashers and the like, but I always find myself pining for films I don't actually get to during the actual six weeks of this marathon. It's a long time, but there are still plenty of movies I want to watch, but don't really get the chance to watch in time. Here's a sampling of some stuff I wanted to watch this year, but most likely, won't get to: