- Roger Ebert's Letter to a Young Film Critic - Whether you're a big fan of Roger Ebert or not, you have to admit that he had a huge impact on the appreciation of film in this country. He passed away this past week, so lots of things like this have been popping up. In this case, he went out of his way to give some encouragement to a 14 year old kid who was handing out movie review newsletters at his school (in 1987). Just more evidence of a decent, hard-working, generous guy.
- Siskel & Ebert Outtakes - Perhaps a bit less polished, but this video of outtakes captures that lightning in the bottle chemistry of Siskel and Ebert. For reference, you can also head over to siskelandebert.org to check out archives of old shows. Big timesink, but the shows are a lot of fun!
- That Time Tom Hardy Took a Photo With a Boy Dressed As Bane and We All Died - Tom Hardy is a good sport.
- US 'hair archaeologist' recreates coiffures of antiquity - The headline pretty much says it all, but for good measure:
By day, Janet Stephens cuts and colors at a hair salon. By night, she is an amateur archaeologist, meticulously recreating hairstyles dating back to the times of Roman antiquity.The Indy Jones of hair? [via MidniteTease]
- Japanese Schoolgirls Perform Superhuman Energy Attacks - A gem from the i'mnotscaredenoughofthejapanese tag I have on Delicious, this is sorta like Planking, but instead of being stupid, it's girls taking pictures of themselves as if they are actually performing superhuman energy attacks, a la Dragonball Z. Brilliant.
I've had some ideas for longer posts lately, but the problem with that is that they're longer posts and thus take a while to write. I haven't really started any of them either, so there's that too. In the meantime, here's some links to stuff. Enjoy: