- Coyote Not-So-Ugly - The Blogess has a thing for taxidermy. In this case she's talking about a bobcat she named Whiskers O’Shaunnesy:
me: I haven't figured out his back-story, but I suspect he speaks with an English accent and says "biscuits" instead of "cookies".Heh.
me: But he's a passionate lover once the hat come off. Which it does. Mainly because I don't love it and I'm still looking for a better hat. This is his third hat. Whiskers O'Shaunnesy does not have a face for hats.
Victor: I'm going to bed.
me: Someone called earlier but I couldn't pick up the phone because I was working on Mr. O'Shaunnesy and so I just hit "speaker" with my elbow and yelled "I CAN'T PICK UP THE PHONE BECAUSE I'M SUPERGLUING A MUSTACHE ON MY BOBCAT."
Victor: Who was it?
me: I dunno. They hung up on me.
- Luke's Change: an Inside Job - Pitch perfect parody of Loose Change, applied to Star Wars. Heh.
- Adventures in Whiskey: The Case of the Strange Fitzgerald - Probably more suited to my beer blog audience, but this is a heroic tale of beverage forensics, like CSI, but for vintage bottles of Old Fitzgerald whiskey. Interesting stuff.
- Call Me Maybe mashed up with NIN's Head Like a Hole - Presented without comment.
- Battle of the Somm - Also probably better suited to the beer blog, but of general interest anyway, this one is an NY Times article that explains the jargon of the sommelier, for example:
WHALE - PLAYER - BALLER - DEEP OCEANAgain, would be utterly fascinating to beer nerds, as words have slightly different meanings in the beer world. For instance, Wales in the beer world are short for "White Whales", those beers that you have to quest hard for, stuff like Midnight Sun M or really old (i.e. 1990s or older) Cantillons. Also of note, the author of the NY Times piece explains more on his blog...
A serious drinker who will regularly DROP more than $1,000 on a single bottle. When on a furious spending spree, a WHALE is said to be DROPPING THE HAMMER. BIG WALES - or EXTRA BIG BALLERS (E.B.B.) - can spend more than $100,000 on wine during a meal.
Another lazy Wednesday full of links over here at Kaedrin HQ: