- ParaNorman - Alright, I'm cheating a little here because... I already watched this one, but it was one of those things I kept hearing about in year end movie discussions of underrated movies, etc... And actually, this one seems to have garnered a fantastic reputation. I can't say as though I quite loved it that much, but I did really enjoy it and am really happy I caught up with it.
- The Pirates! Band of Misfits - Alright, let's keep the animation theme going (Maybe time for a best animated film category in the annual Kaedrin Movie Awards?). I didn't hear much about this back when it came out, but hey, it's the Wallace and Grommit guys (I think?), so I'll give it a shot.
- The Three Stooges - I dismissed this back when it came out, but I've been told it's actually very funny. I've also been told it's horrible, but who knows, maybe it will make a good KMA nominee at some point.
- Trouble with the Curve - Eastwood's cragly old-man period continues. I can't say as though I expect much out of this, but why not give it a look?
- Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap - I'm not a big rap fan, but good documentaries will often bring you into worlds you never thought you'd find interesting. And I do like documentaries about the creative process, so this could be a winner.
- The Queen of Versailles - This documentary is showing up on a lot of top 10 lists and whatnot and it's on Netflix Instant, so I'll check it out. I'm not overly enthused about the subject matter, basically chronicling the opulent excess of a rich family as they're forced to buckle down during the 2008 economic woes. It almost feels like slightly upscale reality TV.
- Mansome - It seems like Morgan Spurlock is really cranking out mediocre documentaries these days, but you know, I tend to find them oddly entertaining, even if never quite approaching the level of profundity that he things he's achieving.
- Sleepwalk with Me - I've heard a lot about this movie, and yet, I find that I can't really describe it at all. Seems to be generally well respected though, and it's on Netflix Instant, so I'll check it out.
- Bullhead - One of last year's Best Foreign Film Oscar nominees, didn't really get a release here until 2012.
- Dark Shadows - Lots of mixed signals about this. It seems like a horrid mess, but the bits and pieces I've seen of it seem at least entertaining, even if it never really comes together.
More Year End Movie Cramming
I've made some excellent progress on the annual year end movie cram session, uncovering at least two top 10 films in the process. Of course, I've also discovered some additional movies that I figure I'll watch before I ever get around to compiling a top 10. Some of these show potential, some are almost certainly horrible, but I want to watch them anyway, because I'm a glutton for punishment. Not really, but most of these are on Netflix Instant, so I'll probably give them a go anyway.