- Arnold's Very Special Xmas Party - With very special guest... Mike Tyson!? I have no idea where it came from, but this video is astounding.
- The Twelve Days of Christmas by Colin Nissan - A more detailed account of the infamous twelve gifts. Sample:
On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, two turtle doves. Wow, she’s really into the avian theme this year. Um, thank you? I guess I’ll just put them in the kitchen with the partridge and the pear tree, which suddenly seems a lot bigger than it did yesterday.Things get weirder and weirder as the 12 days continue. Heh.
- Crazy Christmas Cards from 1955! - So this guy found a box filled with Christmas cards from his grandfather's failed attempt at starting a greeting card company a few years after WWII. It's an interesting story, but this card is just profoundly weird. Look at this thing:
- Bing and Bowie: An Odd Story of Holiday Harmony - The backstory behind the improbable Bing Crosby and David Bowie duet "Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy" (which, because it's in a newspaper, doesn't actually have a link to the song, which you can watch on Youtube).
- It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Fishmen - A Lovecraftian take on Christmas music, based on The Shadow Over Innsmouth. Heh.
Holiday Link Dump
Things are getting festive around here, so here's a few quick links for your holiday enjoyment: