- An Author’s Sweet, Helpful Takedown Of A Kid Trying To Cheat On His Homework - Some kid didn't feel like doing his assigned summer reading, so he turned to the paragon of truth and honor on the internet: Yahoo! Answers. At this point, it came to the attention of the author of the book, who actually wrote a pretty helpful response to said cheater. Sample awesome:
I'm not going to sit here and act like I didn't sometimes not read assigned books for class in high school. Even though it's referenced once in my book, the book you're avoiding reading, I've never actually read "The Scarlet Letter." So I'm sympathetic to your plight. But I think you'll find there's a ton more sex, swearing, and drugs in my book than anything else you have been or will be assigned in high school, and I don't mean in the way your teacher will tell you "You know, Shakespeare has more sex and violence than an R-rated movie!" I mean it's all there, in terms you will readily understand without having to Google them. Plus not once to I refer to anything as a "bare bodkin" or anything like that.Heh.
- PigGoatBananaMantis! - From the idontknowwhatthefuckisgoingoninthisvideo tag of my delicious account. I could go for some gravity pickles right about now.
- Three Neal/Neils - A picture of Neal, Neil, and Neil.
- Bat Man of Shanghai - One of a series of Batman shorts set in a 1930's era Shanghai, this clip is pretty darn awesome. Not sure if the Cartoon Network/DC Nation will be producing a lot of this, but it's quite stylish and well produced...
- "Scary Smash" - Written By A Kid Ep 1 - So basically, these guys ask a 5 year old kid to tell them a story... which they then went ahead and filmed, getting Dave Foley and Joss Whedon to star in it. Fantastic.
- Some Boats in a Race - So some Irish dude took it upon himself to provide his own color commentary to the Olympic sailing race. I'd have posted this earlier, but the IOC keeps getting the videos taken down. This copy seems to have been up for a little while, but check this out and make sure you watch all the way until the end. There's a twist!
Yet more links plumbed from the depths of the internets: