- This Guy Has My Macbook - So this guy's laptop is stolen, but he has some sort of tracking app on the computer, so he puts up a website with all sorts of pictures, etc... of the guy who stole his laptop. The site goes viral, ends up on Good Morning America, who calls the police, who eventually contact the guy, find the thief, and return the laptop. Heh.
- Hey You! What Song are you Listening to? - This vid of a guy accosting people on the street in NY and asking them what they're listening to has been making the rounds, but since a 5 second clip in the video led me to download a Black Keys album, which I'm really enjoying, I guess I should link the vid.
- The 500 Mile Email Problem - A heroic tale of sysadmin troubleshooting:
"...But why didn't you call earlier?"It turns out that the users weren't as stupid as it seems. Refreshing.
"Well, we hadn't collected enough data to be sure of what was going on until just now." Right. This is the chairman of *statistics*. "Anyway, I asked one of the geostatisticians to look into it--"
"--yes, and she's produced a map showing the radius within which we can send email to be slightly more than 500 miles. There are a number of destinations within that radius that we can't reach, either, or reach sporadically, but we can never email farther than this radius."
- My Drunk Kitchen - So you remember when you discovered Iron Chef, and you're like, wow, I have no idea what half those ingredients are, but I really want to try all that crazy food their making. Then you see the EpicMealTime guys, and you're like, Wow, that's kinda awsome, but I don't know if I'd actually want to eat it. Then there's My Drink Kitchen, which looks fun, but yeah, I would never want to eat anything made on that show.
- Restroom Video Game - Dammit Sega, this is why you can't have nice things. Then again, I'd play this.
- We bought EVERYTHING in a store - A bunch of hipsters buy out a corner grocer in NY. Reading the story behind it is actually pretty cool, though almost insufferably artsy-fartsy.
Yeah, it's Wednesday and I didn't realize it, so here are some links: