- Art of the Steal: On the Trail of World’s Most Ingenious Thief: The title pretty much says it, but as near as I can tell, this guy is like a one man Ocean's 11. I hope Hollywood is reading, because you could make a pretty good movie out of this stuff.
...Blanchard slowly approached the display and removed the already loosened screws, carefully using a butter knife to hold in place the two long rods that would trigger the alarm system. The real trick was ensuring that the spring-loaded mechanism the star was sitting on didn’t register that the weight above it had changed. Of course, he had that covered, too: He reached into his pocket and deftly replaced Elisabeth’s bejeweled hairpin with the gift-store fake.It was two weeks before anyone realized that what was on display was actually a fake bought at the on-site gift-store. The article is great stuff. (via Galley Slaves, who also has some interesting comments about Wired magazine and editor Chris Anderson's willingness to run stories like this...)
- Google Search for Recursion: Get it?
- Archer: Why was I not informed of this show?! It's like The Venture Brothers, but for James Bond (rather than Johnny Quest). This show definitely owes a lot to the Venture Brothers, and it's perhaps not quite as good, but it's still quite funny.
- Birdemic: Shock And Terror Official Theatrical Trailer: "A towering achievement in human creative expression." - IMDB User Review (via CHUD, where Devin notes "every so often, ineptitude and fate converge on the event horizon of cinema's black hole (read: anus) to produce an experience so bafflingly sucky and confusing it borders on the remarkable")
- 'Battlefield Earth' Screenwriter Is Sorry About That: More for the headline than the article itself, but the guy does seem to have a sense of humor about himself and his work.
- 160 Greatest Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes: Awesome.
Perhaps I've been doing these a bit too often lately, but here are a few interesting links I've seen lately: