Not So Random 10
Holiday music generally gets overplayed, but let's see what comes up:
- Shostakovich - "Suite #2 For Jazz Orchestra - Waltz #2"
- Vince Guaraldi - "Linus and Lucy"
- Bobby Helms - "Jingle Bell Rock"
- Weezer - "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
- John Lennon - "Happy Xmas"
- Tchaikovsky - "The Nutcracker Suite"
- Gary Hoey - "Carol of the Bells"
- Bruce Springsteen - "Merry Christmas Baby"
- Vince Guaraldi - "Christmas Time Is Here"
- Sufjan Stevens - "Come on! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance!"
Holiday Link Dump
- Faux Fire - Do they still put that fireplace thing on TV these days? I don't think they do, which makes this site fun.
- White Christmas: Zack Kim plays the song using two guitars (at once!)
- The Mr Do and Mr Don't Holiday Special - Some good advice in here.
- It's an MST3k Christmas - Compulsory viewing!
- The 10 Least Successful Holiday Specials of All Time - John Scalzi recounts some less than appealing specials, including The Lost Star Trek Christmas Episode: “A Most Illogical Holiday” and A Canadian Christmas with David Cronenberg. Awesome.
- Nine Inch Noels - Words fail me.
- 13 Days of Christmas - Those Needcofee folks have upstaged me by doing a whole extra day of Christmas (and have been doing it for several years too).