- Quentin Tarantino's Top 20 Movies Since 1992: In preparation for Inglourious Basterds, Quentin Tarantino helped program a week of movies on Europe's Sky Channel. He hosted the series and talked about movies, including a list of his 20 favorite movies released since he started directing:
Battle Royale (incidentally, I would never have pronounced Fukasaku properly)
Anything Else (really?)
Blade (note: no, it's not that Blade, this one.)
Dazed & Confused
Joint Security Area
Lost In Translation
Memories of Murder
Police Story 3
Shaun of the Dead
It's an... interesting... list. Some no brainers in there, and some really odd choices too. But odd choices are what makes a list like this interesting and worth compiling in the first place, right? I'm positive most of these movies wouldn't show up on a list that I compiled, but then again, I'm not an amazing filmmaker. On the other hand, when considering how many movies Tarantino no doubt watches, I find it hard to believe that this list would not change drastically from day to day. Heh.
- Fast Food Mafia: A group of sketches that imagines fast food mascots as if they were notorious crime bosses. Ron "The Don" McDonald looks like an alternate design for the Joker.
- Don't Press the Red Button: Pretty much speaks for itself.
- The Wrath of the Killdozer: This guy must have been a big fan of Theodore Sturgeon (incidentally, Sturgeon's book? It's about exactly what you think it's about.)
- Great Moments in Physics: Even though I know most examples of this type of story are probably false, I love reading about them...
Just a few links I've found interesting recently: