- If you haven't been playing along, check out the 4 weeks of Halloween: Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4
- Army of Darkness: This isn't really a horror movie, but it does use horror elements for great comedic effect. Bruce Campbell's performance is perfect, as he delivers an endless stream of one liners and manages to evoke the ghosts of the Three Stooges in several physical comedy sequences. It's a great movie, one that I don't think got as much attention as it should have (in the mainstream that is - I'd bet most readers of this blog have seen this multiple times).
- Phantasm: Inexplicably one of my favorite horror films of all time. I used to watch this movie all the time. In many ways, it's not an especially good film. Bad acting, stilted dialog and awful special effects... but director Don Coscarelli has a good eye and manages to craft some genuinely creepy scenes, including a bewildering ending that's been copied several times (most notably in the ending to A NIghtmare on Elm Street). I've already talked about this film several times, so no sense in rambling on about it.
- Halloween: My favorite horror movie of all tiime. There's not really much to say about this - it's a brilliant film, and it holds up well even after all these years and repeated viewings.
- Save it with the music: Old post wherein I discuss the role of music in horror films.
- Horror: Old post wherein I blather on and on about more obscure horror films and novels.
I don't have a lot of time, as I've spent the night watching movies, giving away candy, and destroying my friend in Halo 3 (and getting my arse handed to me online). So here's a quick recap of recent horror moviage. Happy Halloween! This has been fun, and I'll have to do the same thing next year... though I'll hopefully have time to write about more than just movie posts. Anyway, here goes. As you might expect, I've saved my favorites for last: