- Kernunrex's Six Weeks of Halloween 2007: He of the Chronocinethon is taking a break from exhaustively exploring movies in chronological order, and watching lots of horror flicks in the six weeks leading up to Halloween. I wish I had thought of this (and had time to implement). I think the neatest thing about his schedule is that he sneaks in a bunch of shorts and trailers between his movies (for instance, he's got the classic Simpsons episode, The Shinning and the great SNL Skit: Consumer Probe: Unsafe Halloween Costumes). I might have to do something like this in the near future. Or maybe I'll just go to the 24 Hour Horrorthon in Philly.
- Horror Movie a Day: This guy takes to watching Horror movies with a zeal unseen since, uh, Kernunrex. Crap. Still, this guy watches 1 horror movie a day and posts a quick capsule review.
- Dungeons & Dragons: Celebrating 30 Years of Very Stupid Monsters: What can be more fearsome than the Duckbunny? I dunno, the picture of the Squark kinda looks like Cthulhu if you don't look too close. And have poor vision. Also, with respect to the Giant Beaver (actual D&D monster), this snapple cap that's been on my desk informs me that Beavers were once the size of bears! Ok, I'll stop now. Lots of stupid monsters here.
- The Legend of FacilityFocus: Funny "Underground Guide" for how to enter repair request using UPenn's new web interface, done in the style of an adventure video game walkthrough. Is this horror? Well, as someone whose job involves usability, this is pretty horrific.
- Plush Hellraiser: The Box. You Snuggled It. We Came. I'm mostly linking to this because of the brilliant title, but Widge has some neat suggestions for newly released plush Hellraiser toys.
Kaedrin's own monkey research squad strikes again, with a pseduo-horror/Halloween theme. Enjoy: